Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup
By Anna Soref
When fall hits Northeastern Ohio, where I live, even warm days in the 70s have a tinge of cool that hits my bones. Now is when I begin cooking soups. The fresh ginger in this carrot soup offers a warming quality, while the orange juice lightens the flavor. A mug of it warmed up is an ideal afternoon snack.
Note: This is a light soup. To make it more substantial, top with roasted pumpkin seeds.
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and trimmed and chopped into 1/2-inch slices
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- Juice from 1 orange, about ¼ cup
- 1.5 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 cube Rapunzel Vegan Vegetable Bouillon with Sea Salt
- Sauté onion in olive oil until it begins to soften.
- Add carrots and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add ginger and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add water and bouillon cube and bring to a boil, simmer covered for 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Purée soup in a blender until just blended.
- Return to pot and add orange juice.
- Ladle into bowls and enjoy.