Chef Jesse Cool’s Baby Artichoke, Parsley and Celery Salad
Enjoy these refreshing, organic and nutritious recipes from Chef Jesse Cool. Click here to read our feature on Jesse Cool.
Baby Artichoke, Parsley and Celery Salad
Artichokes and celery are wonderful together. This light and refreshing salad is the perfect accompaniment to pasta dishes. Do not be afraid to cut away and discard the tough leafy parts of the artichoke. It is far worse trying to chew them.
Write a review
- 2½ pounds baby artichokes
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 medium red onion, or 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup whole Italian parsley leaves
- ¼ cup capers
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Dash of Tabasco
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To clean the artichokes, first pull away and discard the outer leaves until all that remains is the very light, tender inside. Using a sharp knife, cut off and discard the tips of the remaining leaves and all the dark parts.
- Pour the lemon juice into a large bowl. Slice the trimmed artichokes thinly and add to the lemon juice, tossing well. Add the celery, onion, parsley, capers, oil, Tabasco, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the salad at room temperature or transfer to a skillet and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes to warm slightly.
Natural Vitality Living http://naturalvitalityliving.com/